Saturday, January 17, 2009

Madame JoJos

Last night a big group of us from Ball State met up at a pub, which was kinda boring...
I tried the cheapest beer which was something called IPA. It was not good.
Then Lauren and I decided to go to Piccadilly Circus to check out DA CLUBZ.
It was really what people have said.. its just like Times Square.
All the theater places are located there, bars, clubs, restaurants. It was quite neat.

We walked around for awhile and decided to go to this place called Madame JoJos. It was right next to a gay bar which I definitely want to go to sometime because there were DRAG QUEENS! haha. That would be an experience.

Madame JoJos was amazing though! It cost 8 pounds to get in which is dumb but thats the typical rate for a Friday. They played like funk, fun music to dance to. I had a blast and we were basically dancing the whole time. Everyone was so friendly too. It was just a good night, but to get in for 8 pounds.... its not going to happen much.


Then today Lauren, Robin, and I went to Portabello Market.
It was kind of what I expected. I didn't get anything.
I found the cutest dress form made out of wire.
There is no way I could ever get it home though.
There was one section containing a lot of fur coats, both faux and real.
And a lot of cute dresses.
It was so crowded, all different types of people, all different types of smells.
Raw meat in windows and out in the streets was a turn off.

Thats about it for the day. I'm very pooped from walking around all day.
I am also feeling a little homesick. I think thats because the flat we are in isn't very homey, I can't really talk to my friends, and I just want to be in my bed or by the fire because our flat is cold (the heat and hot water doesn't work well at all)

I still haven't found a library... maybe tomorrow because I don't have anything planned for then.
So maybe I will have some pictures up then!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Katie said...

yuck! i hate IPA.
stands for india pale ale.
and its always gross.
but i guess some people somewhere like it otherwise they wouldnt still make it.